This position will be responsible for crafting exquisite and innovative dishes that reflect the rich heritage and elegance of our historic castle. You will work closely with the Head Chef and the castle’s management team to create and prepare exceptional menus that cater to a variety of events, including but not limited to weddings, corporate gatherings, private dinners and public dining experiences.
· Co-develop and execute menus for various events and dining experiences, incorporating seasonal and locally sourced ingredients;
· Prepare and present dishes of the highest quality, ensuring excellent taste, texture, and presentation;
· Maintain a clean and organized kitchen, adhering to food safety and hygiene standards;
· Supervise kitchen staff (as needed), providing guidance and fostering a positive work environment;
· Stay update with culinary trends, techniques, and innovations to continuously enhance the castle’s dining offerings.
This is a 7-day /week hospitality operation. As such, weekend and evening work will be required.
If you are passionate about making dreams come true with delicious food and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work at a beautiful castle in the UK, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.
A reliable method of transport is recommended due to the remote location and shift work.
We practise a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, or gender. As an organisation we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Castle Chef in the subject line. Please note that obtainable references will be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
APPLY:Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please note that obtainable references will be required.
At Lympne Castle, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion. Our recruitment process reflects this ethos. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, or national origin, we see your uniqueness as your strength. We are committed to creating a welcoming environment where everyone feels valued, can be themselves, and thrive professionally.